Friday, May 29, 2009

Hairduel!

That's the title of my diptych for the upcoming "Vs." show I'm in! There's a bunch of great people in the show, and most of them are my friends/former coworkers from Big Huge Games & Firaxis! If you're around Baltimore COME AND SEE!

Here's the blurb:http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
BALTIMORE-BASED VIDEO GAME ARTISTS, COMIC BOOK ARTISTS, ILLUSTRATORS TACKLE VS. THEME IN EXHIBITION JUNE 5-JULY 31
Opening Reception Takes Place Friday, June 5 at The Windup Space in Station North 7-9 pm (located at 12 W. North Ave, Baltimore, MD 21202)
VS. BLOG HERE!

And here's my dueling hairdos:




There's so many ways to go with the theme of "Vs." and I was trying to think of an idea that wasn't necessarily action-oriented. In retrospect, I probably should have gone even crazier with the hair, but I was enchanted with the idea of drawing greasers. I'll also be selling a nice big framed print of my Naturalist there, since that goes with the theme too. :)

In other news, Sam & I are moving so it's been craaaazy around here...I have more stuff to share but it'll have to wait! Hope everyone's summer has started off well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! I can see these on business cards or mailers.

Good luck with the move.

laila said...

where are you and sam moving, kali??
maybe to big nyc to join up with the rest of us mica grads? haha! if you come, i'll make you some yum homemade salsa. (do you detect a bribe?) hehe. we should definitely have a big house party like the ol' times one day in the future! at least, come visit! :)

Daniel Fishel said...

Narily hair dude!

Kym said...

i bought these at the VS show last night. love them!

Didn't get to meet you, but I'm BHG Ted's wife :)

Annika said...

Hey Kali it was lovely to meet you recently & the hair duel is pretty fabulous I enjoyed seeing them at the show :)

jen mussari said...

These guys were my favorites at the show, they're so lovely and groovy and colorful and wonderful :)

Kali Ciesemier said...

Aww, thanks everyone! They were fun to do and I'm glad you all liked them! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see everyone at the show...

Laila-- I'm only moving across the street! I'm still in Mt. Vernon....sorry! There will be a visit soon, though. :)

Kym-- Thanks so much!! I'm so pleased you like them! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, but I'm glad they will be enjoyed by someone. :)