Thursday, April 2, 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different

Can you guess who this happy man is?



I certainly hope so, because it's supposed to be Cedric the Entertainer!
This was done for Los Angeles Confidential magazine, for an article that Ced wrote himself about his 4 favorite gadgets. The fantastic four are as follows: His Iphone, MagicEye cinema glasses for his ipod, a cool watch with a clear background (so anytime someone asks the time, he can say "It's skin o'clock"), and the Magic Bullet.

This is my second attempt at a portrait/caricature-- the first one being the hypnotic David Bowie I did for my fashion class' art show a year ago.



Things have changed. (although Bowie will remain eternal) Any caricature advice appreciated--this is still a very new thing for me!

3 comments:

Sam Bosma said...

I wanna hang out with Cedric the Entertainer.

Sarah Fillman said...

Wow..I'm Bowied over.

BOONE SOMMERFELD said...

Hey Kali, I found your Haiti head through a blog called Super Punch and I've been looking at your work for the past 30min. I like it! Bowie is fantastic.
Cheers