Sunday, May 4, 2008

Holy Graft Zeppelin, Batman!

Wow, I got linked by 2 blogs today!

The lovely ladies over at 7 Impossible Things Before Breakfast asked if they could feature me in their monthly "Up-and-Coming Illustrator" section, and I was only too happy to agree. Here's the link to my bit! Whee! A BIG thanks to Jules & Eisha! You're the best, ladies. (Jules, you are too kind. I'm saving a creepy topiary face in the future for you.) And thank you to anyone visiting from their blog!

ALSO, another tip of the hat to Elizabeth from Urban Palimpsest, who featured my rollergirl illustrations (and some others!) on her blog today! Awesome. Thank you so much!

I've got a lot of work to do today and I should have a new piece by this evening, but I thought I'd at least post a coupla photos from the Society of Illustrators Reception.
The drive there and back was really draining, so we look really weird and frazzled in most of the photos, but here's one anyway of me & Sam, with my piece popping out around my head:



And here's a photo of all of us MICAns that attended, whether they were in the show, or SHOULD have been in the show, but were dragged there by their significant others (Thanks for putting up with everything, Megan & Sam...) From left to right: Eamonn Donnelly, Megan Russell, Jason Hoffman, Whitney Sherman, Jeremy Enecio, Me, and Sam Bosma.


Interesting note: We ALL wore clothes that had white and blue stripes (except Megan, who had polka dots, but close enough), but none of us planned it. We made the coolest art-gang.

Back to work!

3 comments:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

WAHOO! I get my own creepygood topiary piece. Excellent. Hee hee.

It was entirely our pleasure to feature you. Thanks again, and best of luck to you! Send fellow students our way if you're so inclined.

jules

Anonymous said...

I saw your artwork at Seven Impossible Things and had to come over to your site! Lovely, lovely work. The Hindenberg pieces made me think that, if I had the opportunity and reasoning, I'd hire you to make a poster depicting the main players from The Great Gatsby. :)

ed said...

dressed for success! congrats on those links